I hope everyone received the new title to the blog. Obviously, if you are reading this you got it.
So we looked at beds yesterday for about two hours. The kids continuously jumped from bed to bed while a sales rep tried to tell us every detail know to man, woman, and beast about beds. Everything from what it is made from, how it wears out, where the potential problems are, what kind of bed he had at home, etc. Prices ranged from about $1200-$2500. We narrowed it down to a spring-free King Omalon mattress for $1400. We didn't buy it though, because I wanted to compare a few other stores in the Concord area. It was a tough decision between memory foam and natural latex rubber. They even have an organic bed for tree huggers. I know a good organic bed, its called pine needles. Anyway, enough about beds.
We also bought 5 (twenty pound) bags of grass seed. Anyone who wants to help spread seed let me know? That's ok, we have child labor at home. They work quite well for a quarter.
I also bought some Samba soccer shoes so I look official coaching soccer in a few weeks. For those who don't know, I am starting high school soccer in our home town. We are the last town in the area not to have soccer. Everyone here plays football instead. I will have to change that, especially by the time Alex is old enough to play.
2 comments:
We went through that crazy "mattress speech" back when we were looking for a bed 10 years ago. (I was pregnant with Ben -- something about pregnancy and beds!) We could buy a $1500 mattress set from "The Mattress Firm" where the guy knew every detail, and also filled us in on what type of bed he and his "fiance" had at home -- when we saw the look on our faces, he quickly tried to back-track, guessing he had lost the sale! OR, we could buy a set for $200 from Brad's Furniture Direct, where the guy walked around pointing out which mattresses where more squishy and which ones felt more firm. When we asked if there was any guarantee on the very firm mattress we chose, he said, "Oh, yeah, sure." And he took his pen and wrote guarantee across the receipt. That was the place for us! And we have been very happy with our mattress for 10 years now! Sure am glad we saved the $1300!
Sorry to say Brad's Discount Furniture is in Texas, but you could probably find something similar around here.
Good luck!
Sherri
watch out.. mattresses are toxic... you might want to go with an organic one!!!! ( goggle it) Haha.. something else to obsess over!!! If you do buy one I think you are supposed to let them Off gas for a bit before sleeping on them....-tanya
Post a Comment