
Nothing new around here. We are beginning to rake the soccer field to pull out the sticks and rocks.
We just got our economic stimulus check. We are trying to decide what to buy with it. We decided we wont be responsible and pay off debt, rather we will try to stimulate the economy by buying things we don't really need. Our considerations are:
A wood floor for the living room-- Mike are you burned out after the warner floor. Did the price just go up?
A new King size temperpedic bed, Michele says her back hurts being pregnant!!
Flat screen TV to go in the living room, maybe then I wont need my glasses!!
Enough grass seed and fertilizer to finish the soccer field, I could just wait for crab grass to take over
Save up a little more to build a deck on the front of our house
Any thoughts or comments from outsiders?
4 comments:
I'd say Wood floor and TV...but that's just me...and price is negotiable of course :)
hmm. A king sized bed would be nice but I wouldn't do a temperapedic.. I would say money for a farmers porch ( screened in of course would be my pic) Tv is so overrated!!
ps... you might want to take the newport out of your name.. for all the weirdos out there that can find your blog.. dont say where you live or give the state especially since you post pics and have a daughter.- tanya
glad to see you finally gave in to the peer pressure!
This one is easy. The answer has to be the bed. Always want to keep the wife happy. And I'm not even married yet.
If you go with a TV I'd probably go with and LCD. Plasmas are awesome and I love mine but if I had to do it again I'd probably get an LCD. Watching the big game on high def is definitely different than on the old analog tvs.
Manino
Ok...I think the tempurpedics are way overpriced, but if you wanted to get one, get the Bob-O-Pedic, which is a lot cheaper.
As to a TV, TigerVet is right, but because LCD uses less power and has better visibility in higher ambient lighting. Other than that, Plasma is better in that it has blacker blacks, better viewing angle and less pixelation. You can get a 42" HD 1080P LCD TV (Vizio) for about $950 at Walmart (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8477431).
Again...Oak hardwood flooring is the way to go!! Any chance to use power tools is what I say :)
Post a Comment