Friday, August 8, 2008

This week Alex and Kateri have had church camp. Today was the last day and they put on a skit. It was cute and they had fun. I know they were perfect little angels at camp and heathens at home! Of course it is raining again for the past 2 wks, so their energy level is extremely high. I need some serious sunshine soon. On top of that, I have been "nesting" and cleaning like a mad woman. It drives Aram crazy b/c I don't like to save things and get rid of a lot of unnecessary stuff when I'm in this mood. I think it's unnecessary and he says we may use it 5 yrs down the road. Which way is better, I don't know.

Another thing about NH is we must get our cars inspected every year. Our van failed, of course, even though it is perfectly driveable and would have lasted till it died in Ohio. We debated about putting the money in it to fix it, but the money to fix it was more than the car was worth. So.... we went car shopping online. It took us 2 wks of looking at different makes and models, gas economy, etc., etc. To make a long story short, we bought a 2005 Suburban w/ 30,000 miles b/c they are so stinking cheap now due to gas prices. Pretty much I just drive it around here and to MA to visit family a couple times a year. If I get the itch to shop in Concord, I'll take Aram's car. We've had the car a couple days now and absolutely love it! The kids like the DVD player. Aram wants 2 of these now. One for junking up and one to keep clean. B/c this is so new and clean the kids can't do anything in it yet. But of course that will change.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

a suburban with a dvd player????? Are you joking??? That is the most un redneck thing you have ever done!!! I think if you can drive a suburban with a dvd player its time to move to bedford!!! How many people (or should I say carseats?) does that think seat???

aram kalpakgian said...

it seats 8 comfortably, but it is not as easy to get into the third row of seats as a minivan with a sliding door.

Anonymous said...

ahhh I see!

N&M said...

Wow! A suburban! And a DVD player? You all are definitely cooler than us! Can't wait to get a ride in it!