Well, it's that time of year again... school and soccer.
We just finished our 3rd week of school. It's going great, but I had to cut out 1/2 of Alex's curriculum. I was expecting too much. The poor kid. I'm new at this stuff as well! One smart mother told me that no matter how many years you do this or how many children you school... every year is different, every child is different, so every year you tweak until it fits the family dynamics.
Don't get me wrong- by cutting out 1/2 of the ideas I had- Alex is still being challenged by what's left. Kateri gets done so fast and is ready for more, so I'm adding a fun writing/drawing course for her. I think it will help her spelling, drawing, and handwriting. She's complete opposite of Alex. Alex needed help in other areas that Kateri excels at.
Also I am soccer mom and( I joke with Aram) single mom. Alex and Kateri have started soccer, while Luke plays with the tons of kids running around.
Aram has been coaching his high school team again which is through the high school and not the rec this year. He's gone every night until 8 pm. Then he just joined an indoor team, so on Tuesdays I don't see him until 10! He loves soccer, so I'm glad he's doing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment