Friday, April 9, 2010

Happy 10th Birthday, Alex!!!


Here are the 3 birthday boys lined up for cake. Alex 10, Joe 11, and Luke 5. We've had a lot of cake and ice cream in the past 2 weeks with birthdays and Easter! Many get togethers which has been nice after the long sicknesses in March.

My son is a double digit! 10!

You are an amazing young man. Everyone comments on your joy and zeal for life. (Even with a hard mother like me) You make friends easily, enjoy simple pleasures, and are a joy to all who know you.

A few things you enjoy at this time in your life are all things Star Wars, legos, skiing, track, archery, serving at mass, and reading books such as The Rangers Apprentice and the Percy Jackson series.

Everyone tells me to prepare for the hardships of having a teenager, but I have my doubts. Maybe it'll be difficult with Kateri (who happens to be like her mother :o) ), but you are like Daddy... easy going.

I pray you always stay joy filled, kind to others, and full of wonder even as a scrappy teenager or hard working adult. We love you!


2 comments:

K's Mama said...

Happy Birthday Alex!!! You were the cutest baby/toddler ever!!! Now I feel old!!! I have a nephew who is almost a teenager. YIKES!

N&M said...

Wow, incredible, Alex is 10 this month!! Where does the time go!