Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Updates



Well, let's see...
We were in the process of getting ready to buy the house a month ago. The leach field failed, so Aram got the realtor to agree to a new leach field and 4 bedroom septic. Also a lot of other house repairs. Then we got cold feet about the 10,000 dollar a year land taxes. That's a mortgage payment in itself. I know I could stretch our money to live there, but it wouldn't be fun most months. Houses continue to depreciate in value up here, but taxes jump sometimes 2-4 dollars per thousand!!! That's crazy! We'd have a hard time selling that house I think. It's a beautiful house, but something wasn't calling me to it. So Aram offered a lower price on the house, and of course the realtor said no, took his house off the market, and we're watching to see what he does. I'm happy and sad at the same time. I feel we saved ourselves a headache, but when it snows 20+ inches or freezes and is 10 degrees outside, and the kids go from room to room following you, bouncing off the walls... I think why did we not get the huge house for the kids to run in. Oh right...they'd still follow me from room to room bouncing off the walls! :)

Life is good for us though. The kids are healthy and happy. Growing like weeds.
Luke has a sunken cheek now due to hitting the tree while sledding. Aram doesn't know if it will fill out again. It looks normal when he doesn't smile. Then when he smiles my favorite smile it's sunken in and pulls a corner of his mouth down. It could have been much worse with head injuries! I guess kids need battle scars to show they had a great childhood, right? Aaagh! Don't mind Will's crusty nose! Ha!

No comments: