Ok, I have to rant just a little. (If you can't tell we are on Winter break! Whoohoo!) Now back to the rant...
NH has just become one of the strictest states for homeschooling. Some say it even passed PA in strictness. We used to have such a rapport with the government, then this woman senator went on a rampage against us. All of her bills did not pass, but some crucial ones did. One of the changes is parents cannot test their own children. It used to be that we could have an evaluator come to our house or we give them the CAT test ourselves and send the results in to the state after their results come back. Now we must have someone give our children the tests. I know my children will do totally fine, I'm so mad that they're slowly taking away parental rights. We have barely any rights in raising our children anymore. I'm not despairing b/c that is wrong, but there is a time to get a little angry. Hundreds of homeschoolers showed up to voice their opinion on the bills, some shouldn't have gotten the mike, but others made up for it...
One of the questions asked to the state evaluator was in his 18 yrs. of experience, how many kids did not excell at homeschooling or how many fell through the crack... he said 6! 6!! in 18 yrs! Seriously! Yale and Harvard want homeschooled kids! Businesses want them to work for them b/c they are clean, respectable and show up!!!! Ok, I know my kids are fine, but.... it's not right to take away our rights, when we are doing so well. I'm done now. :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment