Monday, September 20, 2010

Aunt Loretta's


We stayed with my aunt and uncle in Lyman, SC for 3 days. What a fantastic place they are making. They have 20 acres in a neighborhood, and they're trying to make a mini farm. Along with it comes so many funny stories and lots of cool toys.

There's a tree swing, zip line, rip sticks, bow and arrows, animals galore, and the best in-ground pool ever! We stayed in their guest house which was perfect b/c Will was starting to scream a little.

While the my kids played with my cousins, Aram and I would drive around checking out the area to see if we liked it. Yes, yes we did!

One of the things I had to do was ride the zipline and I hate heights!! Aram got to ride his first horse. Alex got to drive the John Deere cart. All the kids rode Nugget. The funny thing about Nugget is she went psycho unless the baby goat, that came a few days earlier, was not by her side. So we had to ride Nugget with the baby following us. Then, (this is a neighborhood), the goat would get out all the time. Neighbors were always stopping by to tell them the goat was out. It caused my aunt lots of trouble. But we laugh b/c it gave the neighbors something to talk about. They have been dying to see the inside of the Williams' house and to see how these parents of 13 biological kids do it. They can't believe this is not the result of 2 divorced families, but 1 couple who have stayed together! (They found out all the locals at Hardees talk about them at breakfast! Ha!) Great times!

Then the last day with the Williams', we were to go see one more city. I was too tired of driving. So we stayed, swam, basked in the 95 degree weather, swam some more, and read. I could stay there forever.

Thank you Aunt Loretta and Uncle Spencer for the great times.







1 comment:

Amber said...

I've always been curious how they do it too! So glad you all had such a fun time. Love the pictures!