Monday, May 16, 2011

Limbo

I am not a patient person by nature. Maybe this is God's test for me. Let Michele be without a home of her own for a while. Don't get attached to material possessions...

Alright already!! It's been 2 months!! We move out of our house in 2 weeks. We have a place to stay and Aram's father is extremely generous, but I want my own place.

Life isn't all bad. It'll be summertime. So we get to go on vacations, and I'll be at the beach every day. I have cleaned out 6 years of stuff. Well as much as Aram will let me get rid of, so I'm not too attached. It must be the patience factor. Aram is so excited. I would be to if I didn't have to stay at home doing the packing, cleaning, oops..this must be packed to go to this place, etc. Oh! We need this for the summer. Put this box here b/c we might not have a house, and I need to plan the homeschooling for next year, etc. etc. NOT FUN, but definitely character building!!!

So the lack of posts are a result of life being packed away and put on hold for now. Vacation time, right? No worries, just play time, right? Right?

At least school is done. The kids got their new books. (They finished them in 1 day!!) They get evaluated tomorrow morning bright and early. Then the rest of the house will be packed up for moving to start this weekend and next.

4 comments:

N&M said...

Indeed, it sounds like an adventure!
Good luck with everything!

KeithKathyHolley said...

Did the bank ever accept or reject your offer on the house or are you still waiting? Kathy Holley

aram kalpakgian said...

We are still waiting. That's why we are living w/ Mitch. We'll move out when Mark and Niki come. :) That would be quite the packed house!

I just wish they would tell us yes or no. I don't have to move in now. But I do wish they would let us know one way or the other. We've been looking at other houses as well, but they don't meet our family's needs.

I thought we would have heard by now, but nope. We do have an amazing realtor though. She's helped us a lot!!

This is my cross. I guess there are a lot of worse crosses to have. Right? :)

KeithKathyHolley said...

Actually, doesn't it sound like fun to all be there together at Mitch's house? We do something similar when we go to Omaha and we call it "Cousin Heaven". The kids have such fun camping out together in the living room etc. Its only temporary anyway! Best of luck with all your big decisions :) and my prayers for patience which is every mother's desire!